We had more time yesterday morning to finish our paperwork. A file had to be sent in for review by noon and nothing else was scheduled until after lunch. I emailed mine around 10 so I had time to run back to my temporary housing for laundry, cleaning, and some packing (and an episode of Bones). I stopped to drop off the packed stuff at the house on my way back. I was planning on staying to empty a box or two but the windows guys were there (yay!) so I didn't stick around to be in their way.
After lunch, we covered more stats. I thought we were going to do control charts but apparently they're not used very much here. Our instructor's dissertation was on them so he pushed us to do more but it wasn't a big section of his presentation. And we ran out of time. The automotive guy and I were pretty surprised they weren't considered more useful.
My mom and aunt were unpacking my stuff when I got home (they are wonderful people). They'd gotten into Phoenix around 10:30 and driven up slowly, stopping whenever, including at Montezuma's Castle where my mom tried to pick up a guy's brother for me, which was very thoughtful of her.
I took them on a tour of Flag on our way to dinner (partially because I'd blanked on where the restaurant was). We listened to the twins' Cars soundtrack to go with the Rte 66. After dinner, there was more unpacking, including my tv so I could watch Supernatural at 9 (I had to tape everything else to catch up on later, the time difference for network tv (everything but the CW is an hour earlier right now) messes with my schedule if anything is going on at all).
My aunt was up when my alarm went off this morning so I had company for breakfast. I left them with a pile of maps and tourist pamphlets, hopefully they'll find something more fun to do than dealing with my mess (although I wouldn't mind some gardening). I feel bad using their vacation to put them to work. I also left M&M's numbers in case they get lost while wandering.
We learned about procedures this morning and I'm supposed to be writing one for a hot box. I'm not really feeling motivated though. And I'm waiting for someone to post pictures to include.
No comments:
Post a Comment