Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Cocktails

Training was packed today. We had sessions on safety, quality, project practices, liability, intellectual property, and design control. We got off schedule pretty quickly so the later instructors had to hurry. The many questions didn't help but the liability and IP sections were very interesting and I wish they'd been given more time. After we were released, everyone met at a hotel downtown for cocktails with some of the higher ups. A massive thunderstorm started part way through. It was beautiful to watch until I had to walk 4 blocks to my car.

I also learned that one of the guys in my class graduated from Ferris and was working in the Detroit area before moving here. One of the safety guys was very excited to here that because he'd graduated from there also. I ran into a guy from Marquette and a woman from Traverse City at the cocktail party also. I should fit in well here.

No comments: