Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Home ownership!

I am officially a home owner. It only took 3 canceled appointments but I finally met up with the woman at the title company and wrote a really big check. Stephanie and I went back to the house for another try at a walk through but the new window still wasn't in and the leak in the garbage disposal was worse. After some phone calls, the window repairs were made this afternoon, the new window will be in thursday (touch wood), and a new garbage disposal was installed. I am not a big fan of the sellers at all.

We had another m&m experiment in stats this morning and went over more document stuff in the afternoon. Tomorrow morning will be some experiments to go with the documents of today so I should be able to sneak out to meet the moving truck, which is due at 9:30. M&M are very nicely going to hang out there when I have to go back.

I had about an hour at the new house after work. I'll be heading back over in a bit (the cable guy didn't show so I'm back at the temporary place for House and Fringe).

5 comments:

belsum said...

Congratulations!

Are you enjoying Fringe? I just can't bring myself to try it. I taped it last week, watched about 30 seconds, and then turned it off. I think I might be done with the new-fangled versions of serialized shows for a while.

akg said...

I haven't really decided on Fringe yet. So far, I'm enjoying the characters, which seems to be my downfall with JJ Abrams shows (I can willingly admit Alias was ridiculous and sometimes stupid but I just couldn't stop watching (Joss Whedon does this to me too)). I'm not really paying attention to the mythology. JJ has lost my trust there.

belsum said...

Hmm. Well, I don't particularly *need* a new show so maybe I'll just leave it be. I've been mulling over what old show I'm going to catch up on next (now that I can sense the end of my Buffy/Angel mission nearing) and I was pondering Alias. Is it worth it?

akg said...

Alias is totally worth it. You absolutely have to turn your brain off the second it starts but you won't even care. I love so many of the characters (even the evil ones). It's a lot like DS9 that way (although your brain could stay on then). Let me know if you want to borrow. I have the full set (which is currently in a random box, probably in my living room).

belsum said...

I can turn off my brain! Lord knows I've watched - and enjoyed! - a lot of questionable-to-bad tv in my time. Heh.

I will most likely take you up on your kind offer of Alias DVDs, too. Since it'll be a while yet you'll have plenty of time to find them! Now I just need to figure out a show to lend to you in return for your kindness!