Friday, September 5, 2008

I got paid!

My very first G paycheck came on tuesday but I didn't get a chance to deposit until today over lunch. It was only for a week but there's been a lot of money going out of my accounts lately so putting some in felt very good.

New guy and I spent this morning in graft attach watching the next few steps in the process. They require full gowning so I now have my own spot for shoes and a hanger for the gown and hood. I'm still amazed at how labor intensive each step is. New guy went to stent winding after lunch and I returned to reading training documents. Very fun.

After work, I stopped by the smaller branch library and then the post office. Both my package from Shantastic (random things I'd forgotten to pack) and envelope of forwarded mail were there so I had a fun night of going through magazines and paying bills. In the middle of this, the home inspector called and I met him at the townhouse to pick up his report. I met another resident while we were talking. She was very excited about me possibly moving in as long as it wasn't tomorrow which is their neighborhood picnic and the road in front of the place would be blocked off. She also invited me to drop in tomorrow and meet more of the neighbors. I'm going to try and fit it in. I'm also going to be tagging along with M&M's house hunting.

No comments: