Yesterday was the perfect GMU day for the truck to arrive. We broke up into teams to perform some testing and write a report. My team was very nice about letting me skip out partway through the experiment and we've been given a lot of time to write out the individual reports. The truck got in around 9:30 but it wouldn't fit in my neighborhood so he and the local mover had to transfer everything to a smaller truck. The unloading started around 10. The driver claimed he'd be done around 1 but I knew that was crazy talk so didn't pass that on to Michelle when she came to relieve me. The actual end time was around 4.
Everything fit but, with the boxes, there's no place to put anything so I need to get organized before I can get too far. I did find my bedding and the wireless router (which I can't get to work yet, unfortunately) but ended up going to M&M's for dinner and then Home Depot for new locks and installation stuff for my appliances. Mike is going to help with the locks and washer/dryer and Michelle swears she can handle the dishwasher. I'm excited about the new locks. They're not shiny brass, I'll have spare keys, and the keys won't have cardinals all over them.
I got home late enough that I just watched tv and ordered a fridge and microwave.
M&M think they've found a house. It's right around the corner from me so I'm very happy. And it has an apartment over the garage for guests so I know her mom would be thrilled.
No comments:
Post a Comment