We spent today at the R&D building getting anatomy of the vascular system for engineers. It was very informative and should be useful. All the information on various ways and reasons for the heart to fail were pretty scary though.
After lunch, we went behind the scenes and were shown some actual examples. No one understood exactly why I giggled when Dave introduced himself but how many places is that sentence acceptable? Heh.
While talking about interviewing with new guy, he mentioned that a friend of his from school had helped prep him for his, despite not being hired herself. Instead, she took a job for the other Arizonan company I had interviewed with. It was a group who does accident analyses for lawsuits outside Phoenix. It was pretty much just practice for me since I knew they had severely overestimated my biomechanical expertise (one class and a semester of assisting a PhD student was not enough) and I didn't to live anywhere that hot. Apparently, the guy in charge (who never called me back) is not particularly nice and doesn't like women so I'm extra happy about my current job.
We got out early so I priced some mattresses and met Stephanie at the townhouse to measure the space for the fridge. Next is checking out my counterdepth options to see if any of them will fit and allow me to open the freezer.
No comments:
Post a Comment