Monday, July 13, 2009

Trip to the vet

Nog has had some problems with his eyes the last couple of days. And he needed another vaccination shot so we made a trip to the vet this afternoon (Jake got to come along for a check up).

They weren't thrilled with being forced back into a box but didn't object too much.

Jake got in the way of an attempt at capturing Nog's funny looking eyes.
Because Nog might have been contagious, we couldn't wait inside. I left the boys in the car (in their box) (with the windows cracked) while I filled out paperwork. I came back to this:
They behaved very well in the exam room (of course, I'm comparing this to Oreo who could put the vet against the wall (he was the nicest cat ever but huge and not fond of his doctor). Jake is in perfect health and doesn't need to go back until next year. Nog, on the other hand, has an upper respiratory thing and will need ointment on his eyes and medicine drops twice a day for the next week (my poor cat sitters, they didn't sign up for that). He'll also have to go back next month for a rabies shot. At the moment, they are both happily sleeping off the excitement (and their reward can of cat food).

2 comments:

meg said...

Feisty devils!
My word verification is "cheari"

belsum said...

I love the paw sticking out the carrier hole...