Thursday, July 30, 2009

Blues

I'm sure you're all sick of various blues but you're getting one more. I have made a decision but only for my fireplace wall. I love the latest dark shade but don't want my room to shrink too much (it's not that big now, even with all the windows) so am going with an accent wall. The trick now is to find a lighter shade for the rest of the room.

I picked up yet another sample over lunch today in hopes of it being perfect so I could leave a couple gallons for Chris to use while I'm in Michigan. Unfortunately, since I went out to lunch, the swatches didn't dry in time to make a call. It was looking pretty good when I got home from work though (bottom and I think top (the accent color is one down)):
Accent and potential rest of room:

I'm hoping Chris will have enough to do with rebuilding and painting the stair railing and the trimwork.

1 comment:

Joli said...

An accent wall is a great idea. I really like those colors together too. :)