I decided to do house stuff over the long weekend instead of traveling. I had a long list of projects to get to. I started with a night of quilting, however, and didn't quite manage to stop. I finished up 12 (out of 20) squares. The weather supported my ignoring of the yard by raining most of friday and saturday (plus some hail). Sunday afternoon was lovely but a bit warm for shoveling rocks (I did move some but not as much as I'd planned).
I also got through a lot of Deep Space 9. I wanted the cats to know their namesakes and couldn't seem to stop. Luckily, they approved of my viewing choice.
Because it's been abnormally wet here, Flagstaff had fireworks for the first time in several years. Susan invited me over to a bbq saturday with a couple of her friends from college though which sounded better. I had a very good time (and the food was delicious). We played a game called Ticket to Ride that I might have to introduce to Connie and family. I think the twins would enjoy it (once they're old enough to not want to eat the pieces).
Susan and her guests had a Sedona/Red Rock tour scheduled for this morning but her babysitter had to cancel on her so I signed up to chase her son around for a few hours. We had fun. I need to get better at interpreting though. I was a bit slow for him.
On the way home, I wandered through the art fair downtown. I didn't end up buying anything but I enjoyed looking. I got home in time to chat with Mary for a bit.
I was slightly more productive this afternoon. I started sanding my blue bookcase (it will eventually be brown so my guest room will match better) and moved some rocks. Then I went back to quilting.
No comments:
Post a Comment