Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Stair renovations

Chris tore out my stair railings yesterday. We have vague plans for what's going in but he wanted to see what things looked like after the demolition. I'm hoping we can talk today but I think it turned out better than I was expecting (not too torn up).


I didn't think I'd mind not having a railing but plastic coated floors make the landing a bit treacherous. I'm being very careful.

3 comments:

Chance said...

WOW! That is a dramatic change, but it looks good. Would some type of iron-like railing be affordable, or even work in place of the wood one?

What do Jake and Nog think of all this?

Also, I just noticed your massive television. Want One.

akg said...

I'll be replacing it with wood, just a more classic design (something that doesn't scream 80s). It will be painted white to match the trimwork.

Jake and Nog are enjoying the plastic wrapping (they slide).

I love the tv. It was my farewell to Michigan gift to myself (sale + lower sales tax + new job).

belsum said...

That looks so cool.