Thursday, December 18, 2008

Near death by mirror

We started on the upstairs bathroom this afternoon and found that the glue holding the mirror up was not doing it's job and the glass was pretty much sitting on the sink. Luckily, Shannon realized this before we made any sudden moves with the counter and were able to avoid 7 years bad luck (and a lot of cuts). We bought actual brackets to put the mirror back up. The weird sink came out with a minimum of wall damage which was nice.

Before (note the weird arm on the sink and the 3x6' mirror):

Current (mirror and sink gone, vanity painted):This room won't get painted this week. Redoing the kitchen cabinets threw off our time estimates (and I haven't decided on a color anyway). The new sink will go in tomorrow and we'll put the mirror back up (much more securely) and it will be livable until I get time to finish it off (or I can convince someone else to visit).

No comments: