My flight out was at 4 yesterday so I planned on being on the road around 11. I got up early enough to get some errands run and finish up packing. Since I still didn't have any hot water, this gave me enough time to stop by Susan's house to use her shower. I also exchanged my Shop Vac (the filter wouldn't stay put so it sprayed a dusty mist out the back) and mailed a very late baby gift to my cousin.
I managed to start my trip before 11:30 and did really well until I hit construction north of Phoenix. It was start and stop for a while. I found the airport ok but had to do some wandering to find long term parking (I find that airport to be very confusing for some reason). I'm glad I wasn't leaving much later, there weren't many spots left and had to upgrade to a covered spot).
The flight to Detroit was bumpy but took an hour less than expected which was nice. Landing was a bit nervewracking and one side of the plane definitely touched ground before the other but we stopped with no big problems. A couple of my aunts picked me up after the second flight. My mom and sister are coming down to my aunt and uncle's for Christmas and I'll go home with them. After seeing the snow and roads, I'm glad my mom isn't driving this far but it was strange not waking up in my old room this morning.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you made it safe and sound. Enjoy your vacation!
See you when you get back!!
Post a Comment