Thursday, December 25, 2008
Hot water
My hot water heater died sunday. I have a home warranty which will be very nice when the bill is finalized but jumping through their hoops meant no one came to look at it until tuesday afternoon (part of the delay was getting a friend to verify it wasn't something stupid like the pilot light being out). The techs replaced the valve and told me to wait an hour and I should be all set. Unfortunately, condensation hit the thermocouple so the water never got beyond lukewarm. The guy came back yesterday morning but the system needs to be babysat for a few hours (it only needs to heat up once and it should be ok) so we gave up until I get back home after Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yikes. I hope everything is fixed now. Our hot water wasn't working but it turned out the pilot just needed to be relit after we turned the gas off to install the "new" stove.
It's not, unfortunately. My flight was later that day so I didn't have time to babysit the plumbers babysitting the heater. My office mate, Matt, is awesome, however, and is meeting them there tomorrow so it should be ready to go when I get home.
Post a Comment