Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

I slept in a bit later than I'd planned this morning but fortunately woke up with enough time to make the banana and sweet potato breads I was planning on taking to my friends today in return for inviting me to dinner. Unfortunately, either because of the elevation or trying out new recipes, I had issues with my baking. Everything rose crazily and then sunk so I now need to clean out my oven (and check the batteries in my smoke detectors, they really should have gone off). The sweet potato loaf was salvagable after I cut off bits of the bottom but the banana never really cooked enough to hold its shape out of the pan (the mush is delicious though).

While cooking, I talked to my mom, sister, and aunts. They all met in North Carolina this year.

Susan served an excellent dinner and then we played a couple of rounds of Scene It. I missed the family but it was a pretty good day. I also missed my mom's deviled eggs. I really wish I could figure out the right ratios so mine would turn out as well.

Susan is a hard core Black Friday shopper and had planned out a full morning strategy. I might meet her at Kohl's tomorrow (they open at 4) to pick up an aerobed and keep her company. I figure I can stay up that late (early) without too much of a problem. There was no way I was getting up to meet her at Wal-Mart at 6.


No comments: