Saturday, November 22, 2008

Mike is in Michigan right now, overseeing packing so I invited Michelle and the kids over for dinner last night to give her a break. I made chicken pesto pasta. She picked me up this morning for a hike near their future (hopefully) house. It was a bit chilly when we started but we were down a few layers by the end.

After I got back, I finished filling bookcases. I got L through S to fit. That means I still have a few piles left (mostly Ts (Tolkien) and Ws (I have a huge collection of Wodehouse)).

I missed a bit of work yesterday to meet a guy from the moving company so he could pick up a pile of empty boxes. I also met some people from the HoA (Homeowners Association) to ask about replacing my outdoor lights and putting in stone instead of the random grass patch I have in front. They approved both.

3 comments:

belsum said...

I still haven't read any of the Wooster & Jeeves. I really need to get on that.

akg said...

I actually prefer my Jeeves & Wooster with Fry and Laurie but I love Wodehouse's other work. Jeeves' know-it-allness and Bertie's idiocy get annoying in a full length book. Short stories and hour long segments work better.

belsum said...

Interesting. Any title recommendations?