Thursday, May 7, 2009

Using my french

I went out to lunch yesterday with Michelle and Vivianna. They'd biked into work (my lack of reliable breaks scared me off) so they were starving and wanted a ride. We went to a new (to us) mexican place which was delicious and very quick so I got back in time to play cards. I've apparently figured out a trick because my winning streak continues (luckily I've skipped enough weeks in between games so most of the players haven't noticed).

Our dinner group met at Matt's for grilling. Justin made his secret ingredient burgers (so good) and fries. We experimented with grilling bananas and pineapple also. It was a beautiful night so we ate on his deck. It was a big group, the 6 of us plus a college friend of Mo's who started monday and 3 french travelers who are couch surfing across the western US. Matt signed up to host to meet new people and hopefully take advantage of contacts the next time he travels. Mo and I practised our french a bit (I really need to work on mine. I could understand almost everything but got very tongue tied when I tried to communicate). The mom in the group grew up in Picardie near where I've visited and was thrilled that I'd loved it there.

No comments: