Saturday, May 9, 2009

My knees hate me

Justin, Megan, and I rode to work and back this afternoon. For them, I suspect this was a typical saturday. For me, it was a trial run for Flag's Bike to Work Week. It took a little over an hour to get there so I probably won't be attempting it on a weekday until I'm more in shape but I'm extremely proud of my 16 miles (a personal record by a very wide margin). Coming home was a lot easier (especially with the Sam's stop for food and iced cokes) so I may work something out with Matt to carpool in and ride home. It's definitely better to follow up an 8 mile ride with a shower and the couch than 8 hours of work.

With my short ride last week, I'm up to 18 miles total. Only 94 to go. Which is a bit depressing. A woman at work has some lunch rides scheduled so that will help. I need to find some flatter areas. Or just downhill. Those were fun.

I got another half mile of swimming in on friday afternoon (putting me at 1 out of 2.4). I forgot I'd been borrowing Megan's goggles (she couldn't make it) so had a nice excuse to avoid freestyle. Breathing was slightly easier this time so I am improving but my lungs are very aware of the 6891 mile elevation (they have a very helpful sign next to the pool).

No comments: