Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Georgetown

lis and I stayed out long enough for Mary to recover a bit (and scrape the mud off) so, after successfully relocating lis' car (and hoping she could find her way back out of the city (I hope to never have to drive in DC)), we headed out to Georgetown for a movie.

We had a little extra time so we stopped for cupcakes.

We went to see State of Play, which was excellent. And had the added bonus of being set in DC so I could actually recognize some of the locations. I have the original English miniseries on dvd but haven't made time to watch. I'll definitely have to now. I'm curious about what they cut for the US running time. There were a couple of points when I thought they were hurrying or skipping information but not as many as I'd expect going from 6 hours to 2.

We walked along the canal for a bit while deciding what to do for dinner.

No comments: