Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Blood drive

Susan, Matt, and I went out for a big lunch yesterday in preparation for the blood drive. I think this was the first time I've given. For a while, I was taking too many drugs for my asthma and then they had a weird window for Europe travel so I gave up. I'd signed up in the fall but ended up catching a cold that week so had to cancel. I finally made it over yesterday afternoon with Megan.

On my way home, I stopped at Target to pick up packaging stuff (completely forgotten) and rug pads (success!). I also wandered Bookman's (huge used bookstore) and ended up with a stack.

Beyond the blood donation, I had 2 other big successes. I finally finished sorting calls for my FMEA work (yay!). And I was able to copy frenchtoast's Top Gear dvds. She loaned them to me ages ago and a couple of them refused to allow copying so I put them in my to watch pile. Then I moved and my pile got lost. Now I can return them and I can watch Oliver and Hammond's love story whenever I want (and I can finally send a set on to bel). For a taste, here is Jeremy's adventure at the BBC in a tiny, tiny car.

2 comments:

belsum said...

Woohoo! (Every time I see that Top Gear is on BBCA while checking the TV Guide channel I get a little sad that we don't have the fancy cable.)

akg said...

I miss BBCA so much here. Unfortunately, it's a couple of levels above basic cable and there's nothing else in that group to justify the added cost. I'm so happy the dvds copied so I can learn more about cars. I'll put your copies in your next Alias box.