Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First day




Today was my first day in my actual building. One of my sponsors, Larry, met me at the front desk and took me to our office after a brief tour. There are currently 4 of us in there. It's a fairly big room (about twice the size of my last 4 person cube). I will be replacing Lauren, a young woman who will be moving to Texas. I have a temporary laptop and desk until she leaves this friday. Our first task was to monitor training on a new machine in the clean room. Shoe covers, hair net, hood, gloves, gown and everything. They gave me a coupon for new shoes to keep in the dressing room (I had to wear the shoe covers over my socks this trip). My sponsors took me and Lauren out for lunch and then they gave me a stack of training documents to read.

Stephanie and I went to see a townhouse in Bellemont. It was very nice. I'm not thrilled about the location though. It's outside of town and there's not much at that exit.
Pictures above are of my parking lot and the main employee entrance.

No comments: