Lauren and I spent most of today walking back and forth between buildings. Some of her parts are made next door and there were a lot of people to talk to. I probably won't have to do as much running but they haven't finalized which parts of Lauren's job I'll be taking over. Lauren invited me to lunch with a group who plays a Spades-like card game weekly. I didn't do too badly but have a ways to go to catch up with the scores of the other players. There was cake in the afternoon. I think it was for welcoming new people but Lauren and I got there late and took our cake with us.
I talked to the guy transporting my car later and he's estimating an arrival time here between noon and 6 tomorrow (a better estimate will be available tomorrow morning). I'm very happy.
After work, I picked up mail (thanks netflix and Carol), stopped by the mall for my shoes, and went grocery shopping. Most employees bring their lunches since there's nothing super close. I'm going to have to figure out how to pack. I always end up with too much or not enough and it's never balanced.
I called my landlord yesterday and had the internet turned on here. It's a bit expensive considering how long I'll be here (fingers crossed) but the half hour limit at the library was killing me.
2 comments:
Woohoo internet! Glad things are starting to come together. I'll have to see if I can get off my ass to add to your incoming mail!
I picked up the US version of Spaced when it came out (mainly so I can force it on friends) and brought it with me so there's no hurry on that. I'll take anything else you want to send though.
Post a Comment