Thursday, August 21, 2008

Friday

Before meeting with S on Friday, I called Keith, one of my sponsors at my new job (they assign a couple of sponsors to every new employee. Their job is to help me settle in and guide my career where I want it to go. He was very friendly and relieved that I was set for a place to live. We went through my schedule for the next couple of weeks and where I’ll need to be. Monday is orientation all day. I’ll go to my actual building on Tuesday morning (sometime between 8 and 8:30, he sounded pretty casual about working hours) where I will meet the woman whose job I’m taking. We’ll overlap a week so I can job shadow her and she can show me around. I start at GMU (G Medical University, they admit it’s cheesy) the following Monday. It’s 4 weeks of training on their products and processes. K was pretty happy with the timing.

Stephanie wasn’t able to get any appointments for Friday morning so we drove through some neighborhoods and then went to lunch downtown. I did some shopping afterwards, checked my email again, and headed home.

No comments: