Sunday, August 31, 2008

Labor Day weekend, part 1

I started saturday by stopping at the post office. It's taking forever for my SJ mail to get here which is very annoying. Empty mail boxes are sad. Then I had an apointment at a bank so I could open new accounts (my current bank doesn't cross the Mississippi). Once that was finished, I went downtown to get my library card and see if I had read the dates of the Art Fair correctly as I drove past their sign. I had, so I wandered for a bit. It was very small. I was hoping the photographer from here who also takes gorgeous Lake Michigan pictures would have a booth (maybe with cheaper prices) but I didn't see him. I bought some earrings and a necklace and lunch before going back to my car, just ahead of the rain.

I also got my libary card (yay!) but didn't check anything out yet (didn't want to have to carry it all the way back to my car). The librarian was very friendly and told me all about her son and daughter-in-law who live in Ypsilanti.

My next stop was Target for lunch packing supplies. Gore has lunch rooms in each building but no regular food and I don't think many people go out so I need to get better at bringing my own. I did pack one day last week and realized, although I'd bought food, I didn't have anything to put it in. After Target was Sam's and then home.

I managed to sleep in a bit this morning (I'm still waking up ridiculously early but am getting better at just rolling back over). I picked up today's paper and then went out to buy a couch and chair (I donated my old sectional to Habitat. I was sorry to see it go but it had served it's time and didn't need to be shipped across the country. Shantastic reported back that the pick up guy was very excited about it, especially when he found out the covers came with it (they had to, some of the cushions are a subtle shade of pink after having the red on top for so long)). Shantastic and I had furniture shopped before I left Michigan so I had print outs of what we'd picked out. The saleswoman and I played with other options but I ended up with what I'd come in with.

I was going to head to the fair today and maybe meet up with Stephanie but we've been getting rain off and on all day so I might try again tomorrow. I think I missed the Hootenanny though.

No comments: