The movers came to pack up my apartment in SJ today. Shantastic continued her streak of awesomeness by letting them in and letting herself get sucked into the packing when they realized a 2 man team was not enough. I have too much stuff. They filled 4 boxes with yarn and ran out of book boxes. Unpacking is going to be fun.
Work was more following Lauren which included a donut farewell for her and a breakfast to welcome all the new people so I ended up skipping lunch. We sat through a couple of meetings, one of which was a phone conference with a supplier trying to determine why their part has changed recently. It felt very familiar. Lauren't sponsor was pretty excited to learn I have plenty of experience dealing with suppliers directly. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
The guy transporting my car dropped Baxter off around 7 tonight. Stephanie had picked me up at the rental car office before we looked at a house so all I had to do was walk down to the golf course parking lot to meet him. The truck driver was very nice and whatever Shantastic had told him about me, my car, or my schedule had convinced him to move Flagstaff up on his scheduled route and to put Baxter on the top rack to protect him from stuff flying up from the wheels.
2 comments:
Baxter is a really good car name. Currently we drive Otto Rodriguez.
He's named after Ted Baxter. My last car was Murray. I let them decide by hitting scan on the radio and ended up with MTM discussions both times. Very strange but also excellent. I also like that they would make good dog names. I do like Otto quite a bit though.
Post a Comment