Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Welcome to Flag







I flew out to Phoenix from Traverse City Tuesday night after a couple of lovely days on Crystal Lake (which included Batman at the drive in!). I spent that night in Anthem, about a half-hour north of the airport. It was very hot. There was an outlet mall across the street from the hotel so I did some shopping before the hour forty-five minute drive to Flag. I went to the management company of the place I’d arranged to rent until I find a home and got keys and directions. It’s a one-bedroom condo in the Country Club area. I have a view of the golf course and the mountains from my balcony. Pictures above are: the view from the loft bedroom, kitchen/entry way, and view.
After dumping my suitcases (yay! They were very heavy and awkward), I found the post office for a PO Box and changed my address. They then gave me directions to the library so I could try for a card (no go until I get an AZ driver’s license) and check my email (only a half-hour allowed until I get the card). The librarian gave me directions to the nearest grocery store so I could pick up supplies. I then found my own way to the sushi place Shannon and I had tried during my last trip. I was very proud. And happy with my dinner.

No comments: