Mini medical school
We had a very, very early morning thursday. After joining the hospital staff for a few case presentations, the wire and catheter class changed into scrubs (Megan is modeling below (Michelle and I changed out too quickly at the end of the day, I'll do better next time) and reported to our classroom. The morning was spent listening to a presentation by a surgeon who went through a lot of anatomy and many of their tools. He was a very interesting speaker so the time passed pretty quickly and I feel like I learned a lot. Over lunch (mostly after we'd finished eating, thankfully), we watched a surgery video. Seeing the activity in the operating room next to the x-ray imaging was very cool.After lunch, we got to play with various catheters and guidewires in an aortic model. Overall, it was a very good learning experience and definitely helped all of us engineers to understand more about our target audience.We'd talked about staying in Phoenix for dinner and some shopping when we were released but realized we'd get stuck in some pretty bad traffic if we waited at all. Matt insisted on driving back also which was ok with everyone but Mo who tried to fight him on it. Megan and I promised Mo we wouldn't argue with him at all during our LA trip next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment