Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Exercise

My company is holding an Iron Man competition over the month of May. Participants have the entire month to complete the required 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike ride, and 26+ mile run (or walk, in my case). Megan has been pressuring me into signing up. Her argument is that I don't have to complete everything for the many, many prizes she claims I can win. I'm being indecisive but will probably cave. We walked over lunch yesterday and managed to do 3.6 miles (according to g-maps) in an hour. The weather here has been weird the last few days but we got lucky and it was gorgeous (if a bit too warm).

Megan, Michelle (who will probably sign up also), and I have been discussing our options for the swim portion. A few of the local pools are offering deals for May. I'm going to miss swimming in the lake though (I hate chlorine).

It's good to have a deadline for buying a bike. I've been meaning to since I moved but haven't made any progress. I'm going to ask around at work for shop recommendations since I have no idea what I need.

Pictures from the walk:




No comments: