Monday, March 29, 2010

Blue quilt

I finally finished the blue quilt for my bed.  The quilt in the pattern was a bit smaller than I wanted so there was some math and creativity to figure out a new plan for the borders.  It's now 87 inches square instead of 80.  Nog definitely approves.  He did his best to nest in it while I was trying to sew.


Since the piano key border was wider than the pattern called for, I had to do some thinking about the corners.  This is what I came up with:


I love how it turned out and can't wait to get it quilted (not looking forward to the binding though).

3 comments:

shantastic said...

GORGEOUS! I love the border - your version of math + creativity is genius! :)

Unknown said...

I love it. You are really getting good that that! :)

Unknown said...

I, too, love this quilt. The top is perfect.