One morning (very early), I woke up to a cat crying. From my backyard (which took a bit, I was a little fuzzy). So I got up and opened my back door. Even before I could say anything, Jake ran past me, very happy to be back inside. At first, I thought that door had blown open (wouldn't be the first time) and then back shut (which would be odd) after Jake went out to explore. But later, I noticed someone had pushed out one of the screens in my office (at the front of the house). If he'd gone out that way, however, he was smart enough to jump down from the roof over the garage, find my gate, hop that, and then try to wake me up from the back yard. Neither escape route made much sense to me but I did find some Jake colored fur on the gate:
And my neighbor noticed both cats on my roof at some point (I'm not sure why she didn't mention this until a few days later while letting me know where to fix my screen). Apparently Nog was smart (chicken) enough to climb back in the house the way he'd left while Jake took the long way. I'm just glad they're both still here.
No comments:
Post a Comment