Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Chicken pot pies

For dinner on the 14th, we finally made chicken pot pie.  It's Shannon's recipe.  She sent it to me when I was looking for something to make for very new mothers (no one wants to cook just home from the hospital).  The Matts got some of my leftovers when I went home for Christmas and couldn't stop thanking me after tasting.  We decided we should make it some week but it took a while to make it to the top of our list.

Cooking the filling:


Matt adding some vents to Jill's homemade crust:


The delicious finished dishes (we should probably have made 3 of them for the 7 of us.  The pans were licked clean by the end of the night and the slower eaters were forced to defend plates with forks):


For dessert, we made apple jack parfaits:


1 comment:

belsum said...

I need to make this. Recipe please? Pretty please?