Friday, May 28, 2010

Sewing party

One of Michelle's aunts (I have now met them all!) was visiting from Phoenix last weekend with her sewing machine and a stack of projects.  Once Toy Story was canceled, I joined them.  We watched a movie that night but got our our sewing saturday.  

I finished up Mary's Dresden plate squares and we spent some time rearranging the final layout:


Here's our workspace.  Michelle's project is on the left, over my purple and green square.  Her aunt spent the afternoon cutting and laying out squares for a quilt from a bundle of fat quarters.  She finished up all 20 squares before we had to clean up for dinner.


Mike awesomely grilled for us once he and their son got back from Scout camp.  I convinced their daughter, T, to help shuck the corn (I had to peal the leaves almost off but she was very good at pulling the last bit).  She was very excited when we got to the yellow part ('we found it!' was her response for each of the 6 we had).


1 comment:

belsum said...

Kirk loves helping me shuck corn, too. Though he's not a fan of picking off the "hair".