Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Grand View Trail

Mary and I picked up Megan and Justin after the Market and we headed for the Grand Canyon. A crazy person at work had recommended Grand View Trail (unfortunately, I didn't realize he was crazy until it was too late).


Mary and me:

Megan and Justin:


Mary on some scary steps:


The trail ends on the Horseshoe Mesa at an old mining camp.

I quit earlier than the rest of the group because I was nervous about making it back up.

The left me in the shade of this cave:

The trip up was not fun. I'm much better at down.


The hike was about 5 miles total and we got about halfway down the canyon. Mary, Megan, and Justin discussed doing a rim to rim hike next summer (start at the South Rim, hike across the bottom, and up to the North Rim). I volunteered to pick them up. It will be a very, very long time before I venture into the Canyon again.

No comments: