Matt got a free turkey over the holidays so we saved it for our second Thanksgiving in April dinner. This year, we decided to try new recipes and, rather than cook the traditional versions of Thanksgiving dishes, everyone tried to do something new. Megan, Justin, and Matt made a mushroom stuffing which they rolled inside the turkey breast (delicious). I made sweet potato cheesecake and a pumpkin bundt cake (in case my first attempt at cheesecake didn’t turn out). Unfortunately for my desserts, everything in our main course was fantastic and no one saved room for cake. Everyone had a very tiny slice of both but I ended up taking home a lot of leftovers (which I really wished I’d traded for main course dishes but no one could face thinking about eating later at that point so there was no swapping. We probably should have brought everything back again the next day (or the next)).
My sweet potato cheesecake (I was afraid to take the side of the pan off until the last minute):
The pumpkin bundt cake (with drizzled lemon icing):
Karel adding himself to my picture of the table:
A better picture of the table, plus food:
Matt and Megan carving the turkey roll:
Tim enjoying a turkey leg (a couple of they guys decided to dress up the night before. No one knows why Tim owns a shiny pink shirt):
Yum:
A close up of the turkey roll which was delicious:
No comments:
Post a Comment