Megan bought an extra turkey last fall (she loves sales) and offered to cook it for us if we'd bring everything else (she also offered up leftover wedding alcohol). We are a group of very good cooks so it was a delicious (and very filling).
Matt, Megan, and Jill prepping the mashed potatoes:
Some of the guys (plus Hershey who picked an excellent weekend to need dogsitting) weren't that helpful:
Matt and Jill on Broil Watch, making sure we didn't lose a dish:
They did an excellent job and the marshmallows on my sweet potatoes were perfect:
Matt decided his plate looked perfect:
For dessert, I made pies. We made whipped cream for the strawberries.
I was only planning on making one apple pie but I ended up with too much dough and extra apples so I tried a second recipe.
This is my first one, using my friend Lisa's recipe (I wanted to be fancy and use a cookie cutter on the top but the only tiny one I had was a bunny):
This is Betty Crocker's recipe (which was good but lost in the blind taste test to Lisa's):
After eating and cleaning up, the few of us who could still move played wii. I'm much better at wii bowling than real life but my tennis is about the same (not good).
No comments:
Post a Comment