Monday, February 22, 2010

Sewing day

Friday was spent sewing with Michelle and Angela. Angela packed supplies to make a flannel quilt for one of her cousins. She and Michelle made some applique blocks (they were particularly proud of the snail) to mix in. This is one attempt at a layout:


Angela also made a block to go in a cousin's quilt (her aunt sent family members squares and pieces of fabric. She'll join them together into one baby blanket).


While Michelle and Angela worked on the baby quilts, I started one of the kits I'd bought in Houston. I was worried that the tiny pieces in the diagonals would take forever but the blocks went together pretty quickly (I finished up 12 throughout the day and have 42 done as of this afternoon (I need 63 for the quilt)).


Angela's almost finished quilt (she still has to fringe the edges and the seams and then wash it for the full effect).

No comments: